Saturday, October 31, 2009

Strike 2 and I am Out!



So I love to cook and bake. I would have to say I am usually fairly okay at both, but here lately I have been struggling (with one thing inperticular). So I follow this blog called Bakerella and she is just so stinking creative. On her site she is always making these cute things called cake pops. They are basically little cakes on a popsicle stick and they are CUTE! She also makes it look and sound easy, so I thought I can do that well I found out very quickly they are not so easy after all.
My first attempt was on Mia's 1st Birthday I was going to make the classic shaped ones that look like little cupcakes well to make a long story short I ended up making just round shaped balls that were have falling off the stick but I did get them wrapped and in the centerpieces. I little success but I thought I could do better so.....
For my second attempt I thought little pumpkins would be adorable, I mean they are in the shape of just little round balls so I thought to myself no problem I got this. Well..............
8 Hours later this is what I got....


This was the 3rd Batch of chocolate that I used
(Burned the first 2 trying to watch the baby and bake ya I know what was I thinking trying to do this with a 1yr. old and a 3yr. old)



This was the final product after a whole day of trying to do these things (Note they are not even on the sticks)

So I think it is safe to say I have been defeated by the cake pops and I will just leave it to Bakerella and all the professionals out there to make these cute little tasty treats!



No comments:

Post a Comment