Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Just letting it all hang out...

The Business....ah... I just needed to breath a bit and try to get some of my thoughts down to let a little stress out. So the reality of my life is that I am super blessed, God has provided me with a great paying job as a nurse (pediatric home health) to be exact. The hours are flexible and the pay is great, however the toll it takes on me mentally and emotionally sometimes is great and the time away from my kiddos is tough.
Then there is my business that I run from home so between the two this chick never gets a day off. To be honest this is where a large amount of my stress comes from. I started it 3 years ago really just to sew for my own girls who at the time were little, then I made for 1 friend then her friend, now 3 years later... well lets just say I make for a lot of people.. I struggle with this in that I love what I do, I love to sit down and be creative and make a one of a kind custom piece, but however this business takes A LOT  of time, energy, and money to keep up and running. I will get brutally honest you don't make a ton of money at this business either, the reality is fabric, shirts, machines etc.. are all very expensive and the profit margin is not great. So I continue to ask myself the same question... why am I continuing??? There are days I tell myself it would be so much easier to just go back to work a few more days a week and actually have a day off now and then. :) Really the only answer I can give myself is that there are moments in then midst of the chaos that I do really love it, and right now we rely financially on the business to pay for all our gas and groceries.(Honesty or TMI no sure)... But are those enough.. I continue to pray about it and am trying to listen to go in the direction that God wants and what is best for my family sometimes in the middle it is hard to see the light...
I am not sure if anyone except me reads this blog, and if not I am ok with that in that it is nice to just get some feeling down on paper, but if there is anyone reading who ever wonders what it is like behind the pics and all the cuteness that we post online, it is a lot of late nights some tears and a whole lot of determination that keep it going. If any of my clients are reading this know I appreciate you more then you could know. So here we go we are diving in another fall of halloween/thanksgiving/christmas madness. Will this be my last, who knows but I believe it is where God wants me so, I am going to go put on my big girl panties now and stop complaining!!!


Oh and I must give a shout out to Munchkin Land Designs for creating another wonderful facebook header for my business page, Jenn does such a great job and is wonderful to work with! If you need any design work for your blog/business page you should check her out. You can find her on facebook here:Munchkin Land Designs
Have a great day!!!
Angie

1 comment:

  1. Greetings Angie
    I am a compassionate Christian and business developer. I found you threw a Pinterest link from someone that follow you. I read your interest and see you are also a compassionate believer that could use time freedom that could give you accolades & establish you in your God given gifts and one of those seems to be (helping others). Time with family and doing things that I love is the reason why we develop avenues to free us and position us as the leaders that God has destined us to be. I am working harder on me to master the skills and then implement what I learn that I may create connections to empower people to establish the income along with the leadership skills to first change their own lives & then help other like-minded individuals like yourself. So you can dis-regard this if you like, although it is unequivocally an opportunity that you wont want to pass up. So be prayerful as I know you will and if this is what the Lord desires for you to develop you surrealistically and create more family time then i trust that you will do just that. Below is some information on just what I am speaking of...
    In Christ & to Your Success
    http://x.co/cMPL
    http://x.co/ogbusiness

    ReplyDelete